Friday, April 26, 2013

Friends-Five Minute Friday

Today I am overwhelmed by the love of my friends.


Friends since we were 18!

I have a progressive hearing loss and am profoundly deaf now. Deafness separates you from people, and I have missed spending good time with my friends. I look at every situation via the "will I be able to hear" lens.

My hearing took a sharp turn south about 6 weeks ago, and the doctor suggested I might be a candidate for a cochlear implant. One small problem...my insurance doesn't cover it--they said so when I asked.

So I told a few of my friends. The gals in my Bible study. A prayer group I belong to. My BFFs from college. My best friend. Most of
them don't know each other...but they have one thing in common: they pray.

New friends!

My friends prayed for me. They prayed for the insurance company to approve this very expensive procedure. When they said they would pray, I figured it was a lost cause because, let's face it, insurance companies do whatever they want.

Today the doctor called to let us know the procedure was approved. My head is spinning--I'm in shock! I have seen God move--I have seen Him perform miracles for others...but not really for me--nothing of this magnitude. I am in awe.

Been through a lot with BFF Amy!

I shouldn't be surprised. After all, God said in Jer. 32:27  “I am the LORD, the God of all people. Nothing is too difficult for me."

I am praising God today for his mercy and provision, but mostly, for my friends.

This is a link to Five Minute Fridays

4 comments:

  1. Praising God with you for the approval and for your friends!!!!!

    Visiting from FMF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Lord HEARS our prayers! He's placing you on an incredible journey and I praise Him that you have a story to tell and the giftedness to write about it. Congratulations, let's rejoice and keep listening to His still, small voice! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise God, very happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise God for His goodness, for His provision, and for the gift of friends who pray!

    ReplyDelete