Friday, September 20, 2013

Five Minute Friday: She

Some weeks I participate in a group blog endeavor called Five Minute Fridays. We blog and share on a common site. The gal who runs the group pics the topic. This week it's "she." At first, I shook my head thinking it a strange topic...then I chuckled. "She" is a big part of who I am.

For many years, I longed to have a doctor announce, "She's here!" or "She's a girl!" But it never happened for me. There was a time this made me very sad.

I recall the trip home from the ultrasound for my 3rd child. My neighbors actually stood outside chatting, knowing I'd arrive shortly. I pushed the garage door button, pulled in, and shut it. I was in no mood for any cheery platitudes. It was not a she; it was he #3. Later that day, I received flowers from my husband and my parents. This was ridiculous; I was carrying a healthy baby...no need for flowers...there was nothing to mourn (except for all my dreams of tea parties and matching mother-daughter dresses).

Fast forward 18 years (oops, I blinked!). Number three is the joy of my heart. What a blessing HE is. I am so thankful that God blesses us with His best--not our idea of the perfect scenario. I am so, so blessed, lucky, thankful HAPPY to have three wonderful HEs in my life!
In all my forums, I am Mom3Boys! What a gift!

4 comments:

  1. Stopping by from FMF. What blessings your three HEs are. And thank you for this: "I am so thankful that God blesses us with His best--not our idea of the perfect scenario." I really needed this reminder today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. visiting from FMF! I love this story! And your boys are handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! As a mom of three he's, it is strange because sometimes I feel jealous that I never birthed a she but mostly I feel sorry for those who didn't have the pleasure to birth only he's! You are richly blessed and the Lord knew what He was doing. I'm so glad you shared. You rock! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay...another mom of only boys! The daughter posts are so beautiful, but they are starting to make me feel sad. And then your post...ahhhh! I can relate to your surprise at having another boy. We called my second-born "baby sister" for the whole pregnancy. :) It's difficult to express how wonderful it is to have HEs, isn't it? I tried to capture the magnitude of it on my "About" page on my blog. It's the most potent way I could find to describe it. At this point in life I'm prayerfully awaiting some SHEs... God's chosen daughter-in-laws, a subject I happened to have in my FMF post. Thanks for sharing your handsome sons with us.

    ReplyDelete